Ms Gillard is the chair of Beyond Blue, an organisation that advocates for mental health system reform with a focus on early intervention and prevention. Beyond Blue aims to support every Australian to achieve their best possible mental health.
The event will address a range of big picture issues and touch on how Australia’s diversity, identity and strong sense of community is supporting our mental health as individuals and as a nation.
Taking place as part of Mental Health Awareness Month, the event is held in partnership with UTS Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion.
Ms Gillard will also lead a panel discussion with leaders in the mental health community.
- Clover Moore – Lord Mayor of Sydney
- Magda Szubanski AO – Actor, writer and human rights advocate
- Jordan Raskopoulos – Writer and mental health advocate
- Julie Millard – Board Director at World Federation for Mental Health and member of the City of Sydney’s Inclusion Advisory Panel
- Professor Martin Cohen – Deputy Commissioner, Mental Health Commission of NSW
- Jennah Dungay – Youth ambassador for AbSec
- Georgie Harman – CEO, Beyond Blue
Ms Szubanski will also perform a special finale act.
From urban design to social programs and libraries to cultural events, the City of Sydney is committed to creating safe and inclusive spaces and communities that enhance the mental health of our residents and visitors.
The event, CityTalks: We all have a role in supporting mental health and wellbeing, is free to attend but bookings are essential. It takes place on Tuesday 29 October, from 6.30pm to 8pm at Sydney Town Hall.