A $200 million package of works is planned on the section of the Western Distributor between the Anzac Bridge and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. A review of environmental factors explains the proposed works and their impacts.
The works include:
- constructing a new on-ramp from Fig Street to the Western Distributor
- increasing the number of traffic lanes on Allen Street from 3 to 4 lanes and removing parking
- removing 1 signalised pedestrian crossing leg at the intersection of Allen and Harris streets
- widening the Pyrmont Bridge Road off-ramp from 1 to 2 lanes with line marking
- converting a zebra crossing to a signalised pedestrian crossing at the Pyrmont Bridge Road off-ramp
- installing 3 new electronic variable speed gantries on the Anzac Bridge to help manage traffic flows.
Transport for NSW invites feedback to help minimise impacts of construction.
See the proposal and comment using the online form on the project's web page.
The consultation is open until Friday 28 October.