The City of Sydney is working with the NSW Government to manage the impact of the fire on 25 May at 7-13 Randle Street, Surry Hills
The safety and welfare of our residents, visitors, and workers is our top priority.
Our thoughts are with those evacuated from their homes and we’re working with NSW Government agencies to help support those affected.
See details about current road closures and access to surrounding streets.
If you have been displaced by the fire, please register with the Red Cross.
For advice on tenancy rights, contact Fair Trading on 13 32 20 and make it clear you’ve been officially evacuated and advise if electricity and other utilities have been cut off.
For further assistance, contact the organisations listed below.
Information for residents affected
Counselling and mental health support
- Salvation Army: 02 9265 2736
- NSW Health: 1800 011 511
- Beyond Blue (24/7): 1300 22 4636
- Lifeline (24/7): 13 11 14
Food and clothing aid
- Salvation Army: 02 8775 7988
- Red Cross: 1800 077 284
- Disaster Welfare line (at risk of homelessness): 1300 306 545
- Centrelink (financial difficulty assessments): 132 307
- Services Australia (one-off crisis payments): Services Australia
- Legal Aid NSW (disaster response legal service): 1800 801 529
Service NSW assistance
- Service Now general enquiries: 13 77 88
- Youth and students: 134 490
- People with disability or carers: 132 717
- Employment services: 132 850
- Retirees and older Australians: 132 300