What's living in your neighbourhood? That's the question behind Tails of Sydney, a new podcast from The City of Sydney. Join host Brooke Boney as she discovers the feathered and furry friends who share our city.
In this episode, take a walk through Sydney Park at night to hear the unique sounds of microbats with the City of Sydney’s urban ecology coordinator Sophie Golding. And Royal Botanic Garden’s wildlife ecologist Dr John Martin introduces us to some of the local birds... including the much-misunderstood ibis.
Redfern-based artist Blak Douglas talks about how bats inspire his work.
And it’s ibis vs magpie when we go behind-the-scenes to hear more about the poll that divided Australia.
- Seen a native animal in your local neighbourhood? Report your wildlife sightings to help us better understand how we can help these animals thrive.
- See the work of Royal Botanic Garden’s science team.
- Learn more about Blak Douglas.
- See the microbat Lisa Wynn rescued from Bureau of Meteorology offices (via Twitter).
- Read more about Guardian’s Australian Bird of the Year (2017).